

Wow, it's been quite a long time since I've written on this blog. A lot has happened since Christmas! Reid Greyson McCarty came into our lives on January 25th, 2009! He shares a birthday with my dad - his maternal Grandpa. I ended up having another C-Section after 37 hours of labour. I guess I'm just not built to have a baby the good old fashioned way. I'm now almost 7 weeks post partum and feeling much better. I've dropped 25 lbs already and have started working out - thank God! I feel so much better when I work out. Reid is now weighing in at 12 lbs 4 oz. He's a big boy!
We are so thrilled that he's now here with us but I must admit that life with 3 is very hectic! I'm trying to take it one day at a time and enjoy the kids as much as I can. They certainly present me with challenges every day though. Adrian had his 3rd birthday on February 23rd. He had a blast with 10 of his best friends at his music and movement party. He got lots of cool toys from his friends and a new bike with training wheels from mom and dad.
We've also been busy with birthday party season. All of Adrian's friends have January, Feb and March birthdays so it's one party after another. They are fun, but we're looking forward to a break until Kara's birthday at the end of May. I can't believe that she is going to be 2 already! She is growing up to be such a lovely girl. She makes me smile every day. She loves to go shopping with her mommy! That's my girl:)
Both Adrian and Kara love their new baby brother. They light up when they see him and I think they look forward to him growing a bit bigger so mom stops saying "be careful around the baby!"
The last bit of exciting news is that we hired our nanny! She will be here around October which will be such a huge help for us. Her name is Trina and she's a lovely Phillipino lady. She is going to be fabulous for the kids and for our family as a whole.
I will try to write more often now that I'm emerging from the newborn fog of the first 6 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment