Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!






Well, it's Boxing Day today and we've all made it safely through another wonderful Christmas. It was so nice to be home this year in our new house for Christmas. And we've been lucky enough to have our first White Christmas in Vancouver Ever! (In the 10 years we've been here anyway!) It's gorgeous but I think we're all looking forward to the rain coming back. It's been dumping for over a week and this city just does not function well in the snow. I know our friends and family back east are laughing but seriously - they don't plow enough, the transit system goes down and we are all stuck within walking distance of our house! Thankfully for us that means loads of snowy trails and a couple great toboganing hills!

The kids had a great time this Christmas. They were happy to see Santa had come and are enjoying all of their amazing gifts. Thanks so much to the Grandparents, aunts and uncles, great aunts and uncles, cousins and dear friends for all of their generous gifts! The kids were also very lucky to have Grandpa McCarty here for Christmas this year. What a treat! Our first Christmas visitor in 10 years! It's a pleasure having family around. Maybe some of you will think of spending Christmas on the west coast one year!
We hope everyone dear to us also had a great Christmas and continues to enjoy what's left of the holidays!

Ken is in vacation, Bill is here visiting, the kids are home for 2 weeks because school is closed and I have only to work on Friday January 2nd and then I"m officially on Maternity leave for the 3rd time! Wild! Now that Christmas is behind us, we put all of our attention into looking forward to baby #3 arriving safely in the next few weeks!

Merry Christmas everyone and now that I'm basically done working, I hope to keep this blog up to date!

No comments: